Watercolor paint is a clear art medium. Watercolor is basically a tinted pigment in a water-soluble binder. The paint liquifies when you add water permitting the pigment to spread with a brush.
If you're serious about pursuing a leisure activity as a watercolor artist you need to recognize what watercolor is. Knowing something about your paint will assist you identify good paint from poor, and aid you select the best watercolors to suit your choices.
What is watercolor paint constructed from
Watercolor paint is made of a few easy active ingredients, however the two main components are the pigment (this supplies the color) as well as the binder. Watercolor paints also contain some other additives which alter the paint's appearance, the means the paint executes, and also to extend the service life of the product.
Benefits of watercolor painting
Watercolor is really different to acrylic, oil and gouache. Each of these different paint mediums require various methods.
With watercolors, the colored pigments stay put on hold in the water, up until the water evaporates and also dries. Water dries quickly, which often implies the artist needs to make fast choices! Consequently some individuals find watercolors tough.
How to select watercolor paints
Below are a few features that you should look for to help you evaluate the quality of watercolors:
- Lightfastness or permanence – This crucial particular shows the durability of your paintings. It describes a painting's resistance to fading when exposed to light.
- Transparency – You could be assuming "isn't all watercolor paint clear"? Nevertheless, transparency is just one of the essential aesthetic properties of this art medium. But watercolors paints exist in various degrees of transparency.
- Shades – There are lots of many different colors to choose from as well as there are numerous attractive pigments and paint formulas out there. Watercolor suppliers give their paint some really charming names like Scarlett Lake, French Ultramarine, Vermilion. Yet the names are just for marketing purposes. A name does not suggest that you obtain the same shade from one brand name to another. If you bear in mind from earlier, what gives the shade is the pigment. So the last color of the paint relies on the pigment focus as well as the mix of pigments in each paint's dish.
Theoretically, you can produce every color you need just by mixing primary colors (blue, red and yellow). However to do this you need to be certain in your blending capabilities. If you are attempting to find out watercolors, blending solitary pigment paints together to accomplish the wanted outcome can be a tall order! Consequently it prevails to include some "convenience mixture" colors (paints that consist of greater than one pigment) simply to make art painting life easier.
Here are Grabie‘s best selected watercolor paint:
- 100 Colors Solid Watercolor Paint Set With 35 Metallic Colors
- 50 Colors Solid Watercolor Paint Set With 6 Paint Brushes
- 48 Watercolor Paint Set Including 12 Metallic Colors
- 40 Colors Metallic Watercolor Paint Set
- 12 Colors Hand-Poured Skin Tone Watercolor Paint Set
- 9 Colors Premium Hand-Poured Metallic Watercolor Paint Set
- 12 Colors Paints-Metallic Glitter Solid Colors Set
- 36 Metallic Colors Watercolor Paint Set
- 48 Colors Deluxe Watercolor Paint Set
- 48 Colors Premium Watercolor Paint Set With Palette Box