What Is Metallic Paint?
Metallic paint is paint that includes tiny particles of metal that create a shimmering, metallic effect. They can be the same color as a metal (such as silver, bronze, or gold), or mixed with other pigments to create a metallic sheen on all different types of hues.
There are various types of metallic paint, including:
When painting with metallic paint, you'll use techniques that are similar to how you'd paint with non-metallic paints. In other words, using metallic acrylic paints is similar to using regular acrylic paints. It's a good idea to do some test swatches first, so you know how much paint to use and how far the metallic pigment goes.
Acrylic metallic paints are a popular among younger and modern artists. They come in many colors and are suitable for painting on paper, canvas, plastic, wood, and fabric.
Water-based metallic paints, often in the form of a pen, that can be used to paint a wide range of surfaces.
Metallic oil paints can be produced in various colors. These paints create very different effects depending on whether they're painted over light or dark surfaces.
Shop Grabie® best selected top quality metallic paint now:
- 48 Watercolor Paint Set Including 12 Metallic Colors
- 40 Colors Metallic Watercolor Paint Set
- 9 Colors Premium Hand-Poured Metallic Watercolor Paint Set
- 12 Colors Paints-Metallic Glitter Solid Colors Set
- 36 Metallic Colors Watercolor Paint Set
- 36 Colors Solid Watercolor Paint Set With 12 Metallic Colors
- 6/36 Colors Artist Deluxe Metallic Paint Set
- 60 Colors Watercolor Paint Set With 12 Metallic Colors